The Hands on Rubber Dam Isolation Course - INVERSIO
The Hands on Rubber Dam Isolation Course
This course caters for anyone who wants to broaden their understanding of rubber dam isolation and improve their day to day utilisation of it.
After the course you will be able to implement new skills into your daily dentistry right away!
- ALL ARE WELCOME!
3rd year and above, foundation dentists, newly qualified dentists, experienced dentists, specialists.
- Learn how to effectively communicate rubber dam use with patients,
- Learn how to apply rubber dam effectively, efficiently & comfortably,
- Understand the pros & cons of different types of rubber dam and how to choose the right one for each specyfic case
- Understand clamp selection and master correct application techniques,
- Acquire the sikll of rubber dam inversion in both posterior and anterior scenarios,
- Learn to utilise hacks to improve your rubber dam isolation in complex restorative scenarios,
- Master floss ties, PTFE accessory isolation, teflon wedging & much more…
Hands on focus
Every delegate pair will have their own phantom head which can be positioned to recreate real ergonomic dental scenario!
Working in pairs will facilitate complete understanding of the role & importance of your nurse or dental assistant. Team work is key to great isolation!
Each delegate will have the opportunity to practise each scenario demonstrated during the course!
What is included?
- 8 hours CPD in groups of 2 with phantom head
- Catering (tea, coffee, refreshments, 2-course lunch)
- After course support, access to tutorial videos and PDFS
- Discount to future Drvicthedentist courses
- Certificate of Completion / Training certificate
Course starts at 9 a.m., ends at 5 p.m.
- 08.30 – 09.00 registration of participants
- Theoretical part
- How to effectively comunicate rubber dam use with patients,
- Materials and tools necessary to isolate the treatment field,
- Pros and cons of different types of rubber dam,
- How to choose the right rubber dam for each specyfic case.
- Practical part
- Rubber dam selection with planning and making tooth holes, clamps selection, preparation of the doctor’s stand(dental assistance),
- 6 different scenarios with using rubber dam ( rubber dam isolation, posterior & anterior isolation, clampless isolation, split-dam isolation, deep margin isolation, onlay isolation),
- How to remove the cofferdam quickly, safely and atraumatically.
An all-day coffee buffet will be available from 8:30 am to 5 pm.
Course for English Speakers only.
- Cavity design
- Direct restorative techniques
- Indirect preparation
- Adhesive protocols
- Deep margin elevation
- Dental photography
After graduating from University of Leeds with a BSc in Human Physiology, Wiktor went on to complete his Dental studies at the Medical University of Lodz,Poland in 2017. Following his undergraduate training Wiktor spent two years working and living in Malta before moving back to London.
Wiktor enjoys and practices all aspects of general dentistry with a special interest in aesthetic restorative dentistry and indirect ceramic work.
Wiktor’s dentistry is fuelled by his passion for dental photography which he also now teaches.Wiktor has attended numerous courses in the UK & Europe and has been taught by a number of world renowned dentists.
He is a passionate edcucator & now an international lecturer and course provider teaching other dental professionals. He is renowed for his unique a creative presentation style & as inspired many to take to the stage.
Wiktor is known for his artistic approach to his dentistry where his aims to emulate the natural appearance and proper function of teeth in his restorative and cosmetic work. He is very thorough in his approach to each case and very attentive to the patients’ needs whilst ensuring that treatment is carried out in a comfortable and respectful manner.